With the nights drawing in and the temperatures cooling off it's time to go sailing, with fairy lights and baubles!
The normal rally format from previous years will be followed as outlined below....
Yachts and Crews to congregate at Cowes Yacht Haven, giving yourself enough time to festively decorate decorate your Contessa as you see fit boat before it gets dark.
Mulled wine and Mince pies to be served on the Pontoon after dark so that the decorations can be both enjoyed and judged for the "Best Seasonally Dressed Boat" award. (Actual Judging done by the previous year's winner Alan and Vanessa from Izy)
Dinner follows at the Island Sailing club, which is always excellent, prize to be awarded for the decorations.
Sail home at your leisure, with or without decorations as you see fit. If still lit, please try to avoid any confusion between your fairy lights and navigation lights. It has been known for Contessa's to sail to and from Cowes with a real Christmas tree on deck.
Berthing will be reserved but please pay directly to the marina office
- Mulled Wine and Mince Pies on the Pontoon after dark - £4 per adult
- 2 Course Dinner - £23.50
- 3 Course Dinner - £27.50
- Supplemental cost for Cheese and Biscuits - £2
- Children's Turkey Dinner & Ice cream - £14.50
Sorry, bookings now closed
If you need any further details then please email the organiser, George Isted (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Curried Parsnip Soup with Parsnip Crisps
- Salmon Roulade with Cranberries
- Confit Duck Terrine with Celeriac Remoulade
- Crayfish Cocktail with a Bloody Mary Sauce
- Pistachio Crusted Goat’s Cheese Mousse with Beetroot Carpaccio
- Roast Turkey with Sausagemeat, Chestnut & Apricot Stuffing and Pigs in Blankets
- Slow Cooked Blade of Beef with Horseradish Mashed Potato
- Fillet of Hake on Madeira Braised Fennel
- Smoked Cod Loin with a White Wine and Parsley Sauce
- Beetroot, Celeriac and Butternut Squash Wellington
- All served with Seasonal Vegetables and Roast Potatoes
- Christmas Pudding and Brandy Sauce
- Apple and Cinnamon Crème Brûlée
- Pear and Caramel Cheesecake
- Chocolate Fudge Cake with Chantilly Cream
- Key Lime Pie with Raspberry Sorbet
- Cheese and Biscuits (£2 supplement)
- Coffee & Mince Pies